Saturday, April 7, 2007

St Patrick's Day Party

Yes, I made it back from the San Juan river trip - all went very splendidly well - and am as usual back in Granada thinking that I ought to put up some of the many photos I have taken recently. So, whilst I load up the photos I took on my trip (and it really does take hours quite literally), here are the pictures from our Casa Santa Lucia St Patrick's Day party:

St Patrick's Day party


As you can see, we really went to town with the decorations (and my goodness did we need help blowing up all those green, white and orange balloons). We also made a sort of green rum punch - I wouldn't ask what went into it to make it quite as vibrantly green as it was! Everyone who came had to wear at least something green. I think pretty much everyone managed that. And we even had 8 cans of Guinness kindly shipped in from the one Irish bar in Managua (apparently the only place in Nicaragua where you can get hold of it). It was probably one of our most successful parties yet and something close to 40 people came, with a pretty high proportion of Nica friends too. So all told, a very good way to celebrate with Fiona, my Irish housemate. The only party house damage was to my room door, when a friend managed to lock it with my keys still inside, so rather dramatically he had to kick in the door (or at least break the lock) so I could get back in. However, now our helpful household handyman Jose has subsequently repaired my door and I have everything back to normal...

No comments: