Thursday, January 4, 2007

Mexico City arrival

Despite all the craziness of finishing off packing up my flat, I did manage to get most of it done by the skin of my teeth, and then I packed up my rucksack (rather chaotically) and got on the plane yesterday. I arrived here in Mexico City last night, and my goodness was I glad to see my friend Artús waiting for me at the airport to take me home... I think I´d used up all my reserves of energy for the packing and sorting out and then the 11-hour flight on top of it all was just exhausting.

But today is a new day and I´m out and about re-acclimatising to the Latin American vibe. I´ve already eaten quesadillas and nopales (cactus) and I´m wandering around on a sunny afternoon not needing my fleece jacket at all. I think with all the frenetic activity of getting prepared for the off I had forgotten what going away for 5 months really means, so it´s only now that I´m pausing for breath that I have realised what I´m doing - scary stuff!

Now I have a few more days here before I head to Nicaragua for the real purpose of this trip. More to follow once I get there...

No comments: