Sunday, June 3, 2007

Donations please!!

This afternoon I came into the office to sort out some information for next week's dental visits, and for the different Children's Day celebrations we're planning at each of the four schools. Every volunteer gets involved with these half-sports-day, half-prize-day, half-party-mayhem no matter what other projects you normally work on.

Anyway, I've just been talking to Pauline, the long-term volunteer (she celebrated her second year in Granada last month) who manages the La Esperanza office and organises all the volunteers here, and apparently we have used up the remains of our dentist program funding, so we're now looking for new donations to keep it going. I have put forward some money myself, given that this has been one of my pet projects, but now I'm extending the opportunity to give to an excellent cause to all of you, my friends and family...

As a reminder of what La Esperanza is and does, you can see more details on our website at http://www.la-esperanza-granada.org/

And the donations page is http://www.la-esperanza-granada.org//esperanza/Help%20Donations.htm

So if any of you can join in and help it would be very much appreciated here, by the kids (OK, well many of them don't actually enjoy having teeth pulled or filled, but they will in the long run!) and by me too.

Love,
Lizzie

(P.S. Sorry about the lack of hyperlinks in this entry but the Blogger insert hyperlink function seems to be on the blink today - so you'll have to copy and paste these addresses into your internet browser.)

3 comments:

Philip Parkin said...

Hi Lizzie!

When are you coming back?

Love,
Phil

Kate Hyde said...

She's coming back when the mango crop runs dry, and not a moment sooner. I hear that's the end of July.

Coax her back with soft fruit here: http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/our_drinks/fruit_corner/

Lizzie said...

I love it!! Mango season is moving into pithaya and mamon season, but I'm still just about hanging on in here by the skin of my teeth. However, pre-nostalgia has set in and I'm already getting all sentimental about my Nicaraguan experiences, even before they're over!